Simplifai’s Documentbot Webinar – A Pioneering Move Towards Automated Document Processing
The Need for Documentbot Processing Automation
Many businesses still rely on old non-scalable systems that take much time and resources to process documents. Although new breakthroughs in automated handling are available, they present significant hurdles regarding their implementation. As documents are here to stay, the need to process them at a large-scale level likely exists in the future. Current technologies do not possess the capacity to completely process documents automatically.
In 2021, as most businesses use documents daily, a dire need for automated document handling is now felt across different sectors. This is where Artificial Intelligence comes into play, wherein complete automation of document processing is possible with Simplifai’s Documentbot. Powered by a world-class Natural Language Engine (NLU) and Optical Character Recognition (OCR), the Documentbot is an AI solution designed to change the way documents are handled. Ranging from reading and data interpretation to archiving, customer responses, and updating back-end systems, this product can easily carry out these processes with a maximum level of automation.
Documentbot – Changing the Game for Document Handling
To address the struggle behind handling large volumes of documents, recently we hosted a webinar titled “Next-Generation Documentbot Processing is Powered by AI – How Documentbot is Changing the Game” on April 8, 2021. At this event, Simplifai’s Group CPO, Erik Leung brilliantly explained how Simplifai’s AI-driven Documentbot can help businesses process documents faster, thus saving time, costs, and manpower. Erik is a leading expert and visionary in AI and carries more than a decade’s worth of experience in product design and development in the BFSI industry. Erik’s vision is to spread digital transformation with the help of intelligent cognitive systems through Simplifai.
In addition to a detailed explanation about the product, we also presented a live demo through Pragati Sarjerao, Assistant Product Manager at Simplifai. You can check out the demo in the video attached below that showcased how Documentbot can be accurately trained in the Simplifai Studio – our flagship platform for configuring our products. This demo also included various facets of Documentbot configuration such as identification of intents and entities, action flow, work process, and system integration.
From an overall perspective, the webinar was a complete success with close to a hundred attendees participating from various regions such as India, Norway, Bahrain, Germany Belgium, the Netherlands, United Arab Emirates, and the USA. The event was held with a key aim in mind – to offer a brand-new technology for document processing that promises massive improvements in business efficiency. This event clearly showcases how our newest Documentbot technology is two steps ahead of any other currently existing process automation solutions.
Key Takeaways from the Documentbot Webinar
- Documents are here to stay and require new methods for processing in large volumes
- A key challenge in current document handling involves interpretation of unstructured data (free-text)
- Documentbot is the latest AI-powered solution that can handle large volumes of different types of documents
- Key actions performed by the Documentbot include interpretation of information in documents, classification of documents, extracting relevant information, forwarding replies to stakeholders, and keeping back-end and CRM systems updates
- With the help of Natural Language Understanding (NLU) and Optical Character Recognition (OCR), the Documentbot can read and interpret both structured and unstructured (free-text) information
- Documentbot can be used together with RPA for businesses that do not use API integration
- Documentbot helps businesses boost task efficiency, work quality, and consequently, customer satisfaction by freeing up more time for focusing on sensitive and complex tasks
Click below to watch the recording of the webinar: